Public–Private Partnership (PPP) Concept
Public–private partnership (PPP) involves a contract between public and private sectors, mainly targeting development and infrastructure projects. The role of the public sector is to establish a framework for developmental action at the level of policies, laws and regulations. Meanwhile, the role of the private sector is to invest the inherent know-how and expertise based on quality, efficiency and economic sustainability in the various areas to implement mega projects, such as housing, infrastructure, including sewage, power plants, etc.
Added value to business entities from PPP Transaction Advisory Services
- Invest the capital in business opportunities that realize community development, and secure long term returns;
- Transfer global know-how and experience into the local marketplace; and
- Reutilize experience, skills and knowledge acquired from project management in delivering other similar projects.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly renders the following services in relation to TAS:
- Preparing feasibility studies according to the following components:
- Feasibility studies
- Market study
- Demographic study
- Land and asset assessment, and identification of fair value of usufruct
- Engineering/Technical study
- Environmental study
- Due diligence
- Legal study
- Economic study
- Any other studies relevant to the nature of the project.
- Testing attractiveness of investment opportunity.
- Preparing tendering documents to attract investors.
- Assisting the Kuwait government in marketing the investment opportunity at a global level, and helping attract investors to Kuwait.
- Assisting the government and investors in managing IPOs subscriptions for Kuwaitis for contributing to the establishment of public shareholding companies.
- Assisting investors in establishing public shareholding companies in the State of Kuwait.