The International Accounting Standards Board has issued the final version of IFRS 9 as a replacement to IAS 39. IFRS 9 is effective for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2018 along with allowing early application of the same.
The new model represents a structural adjustment for the hedge accounting achieving the harmony between the accounting treatment and risk management activities. Also, it will eliminate fluctuation in profit and loss.
As for banks, application of the new standard will strengthen Investor’s trust in the bank’s general balance sheet and in the financial system as whole.
The course aims at providing the participants with the following:
- Examine the role of impairment and hedge accounting and identify anomalies and restrictions contained in IAS 39.
- Understand how IFRS 9 is developed and implemented in practice.
- Identify practical implementation issues together with solutions.
- See how the standard can be implemented in practice in a simplified and effective manner.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Professional accountants working in banks or financial institutions.
- Risk managers
- Finance Managers
- Treasury Managers
- Audit & Compliance Managers
No. of Days : 2 Days
Course Dates : 24 – 25 December 2017
Course Timing : 09:00 AM – 01:00 PM
Course Language : English
Course Venue : Fully Equipped Training Facility at 5 stars hotel
Tel: 1 88 77 99 Extension: 330
Fax us @ 2294 2651
Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org