Information is a valuable asset and crucial element that helps business entities make appropriate and informed decisions. The international standard ISO 27001:2013 is prepared to provide the necessary requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system.
The information security management system preserves the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information by applying a risk management process and gives confidence to interested parties that risks are adequately managed.
This International Standard also includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks. The requirements set out in this International Standard are applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size or nature.
Added value to business entities from engagement of ISO 27001:2013 consulting
- Provide protection to valuable information and intellectual property.
- Source new business opportunities and retain existing clientele.
- Avoid penalties and financial losses resulting from breaches of data security.
- Safeguard and enhance the business entity’s reputation through assuring customers that their information and data are secured.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and satisfy audit requirements.
- Clear visibility of risks encountering business entities.
- Promote awareness of information security and substantiate compliance therewith at all levels.
Services provided by Baker Tilly
Baker Tilly assists business entities with qualifying them to obtain ISO 27001:2013 certification through providing the following services:
We conduct gap analysis reviews in accordance with ISO 27001:2013 requirements in order to obtain the accreditation certification. It is worth mentioning that Baker Tilly assists its clients with identifying and engaging an ISO certification body, which is competent to conduct assessment tasks.
We offer training programs, discussion sessions and workshops for business entities to highlight core components and requirements of ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security Management System and how to apply the same within such entities.
Businesses that can benefit from this service
All business entities that rely on IT systems in managing their business, in particular medium and large business entities.